The Greenhouse Garden served as a Grand Ducal private garden and was designed by Theodor Klett in the English landscaped park style to plans by Peter Joseph Lenné. Here stands the statue, designed in 1907 by Hugo Berwald, of Grand Duchess Alexandrine, the mother of Friedrich Franz II.

The Greenhouse, today a kindergarten, was the summer residence of Grand Duke Paul Friedrich and also had a large plant house. Opposite the Greenhouse was the “Kavaliershaus” or lodge, built according to plans by Georg Adolf Demmler as part of the summer residence. It served as accommodation for staff of the Court, senior officials and guests.