The Hôtel du Nord was built at the behest of Grand Duke Paul Friedrich in the mid-19th century to accommodate high-ranking guests in the grand manner. It has a timber-frame construction, was built in the classicist style with a massive stucco façade, and comprises three parts in all. With its four storeys and a total of 45 rooms it offered space for plenty of guests but was sold as early as 1852. In 2013 the complex of buildings was comprehensively restored and today it serves both as a dwelling and as business premises.