This Neo-Classicist stucco building, known as the Kücken Foundation, was one of the first new houses on the Pfaffenteich Promenade. Completed in 1865, it is sited on the south-east bank.
The composer Friedrich Wilhelm Kücken (1810-1882) worked as a music tutor in the 1830s at the court of Grand Duke Paul Friedrich. After years spent in Berlin and Vienna, he moved into this house when he settled at Schwerin in the early 1860s. After his death the house was maintained as a foundation for young musicians without means. In front of the building there is a bust of the composer, created after Kücken‘s death; its plinth is adorned with two allegories - the composer’s imagination and the musician’s art.